Wednesday 10 August 2011

Summer, summer, summertime ...






It's summertime and it has been lovely to catch up with family and friends over the last few days. We had a wonderful time in Liverpool visiting my in-laws, who in one fell swoop managed to make eldest son's summer wish list come true by taking us to Wales, for a paddle in the sea followed by fish and chips ... it doesn't get better than that!! (well obviously it does but hey, he doesn't know that yet) plus it was a fabulous day out for all.

B & E (my in-laws) were even sweet enough to let hubby and I have a night out whilst they stayed in with the kids!! A great time we had too sipping cocktails and visiting a couple of indie bars in Liverpool town centre, listening to great tunes and reminiscing about back in the day!!!

Yesterday, I had the luxury of a few hours to myself and so met up with a great friend of mine who I actually studied with at university. The very lovely Emma is a very talented artist who I am desperate to feature on this blog because ... well it would just be rude not to share her beautiful work!! In fact I am very excited to say that she agreed yesterday to let me interview her about her art practice and I hope that interview plus lots of delicious examples of her work will be featured here on this blog in the next couple of weeks. I have been hugely inspired and motivated by Stephanie Levy's Artists who blog and figured I already know lots of people who are very talented that I would love, love, love everyone to know about. So, watch this space for further developments with that!!

In the mean time, here are some photos I took of a shop window in North Wales ... I thought these hand made boxes with images of birds set against traditional net curtains and occasional floral print were just ... beautiful!


























No comments:

Post a Comment