Monday 30 January 2012

Goodbye January, Hello World!




Performance I - Photographs by Stuart Tonge



Performance I - Photographs by Stuart Tonge



Performance I - Photographs by Stuart Tonge



January is pretty much over and that's okay. Most of January was spent focusing on my convalescent, whom I am very happy to say has now convalesced and is back at school. I was going a little crazy trapped indoors most of the day with two small hormone driven boys!!! So now, back to procrastinating about the two performance pieces I created over the x'mas period. I have begun writing about the content of the performances, in part to contextualize the work and in part for the forthcoming publication Premier Pli II. I was rearing to go when I'd just completed them but now I have cotton wool in my brain ... again.

So above is a little sneaky peek at Performance I photographed by my hubby, the shots included are unedited. I was excited to receive the edited footage of Performance I a couple of days ago from my very good and generous friend Ben Sadler, who filmed and edited the footage for me. There is no footage of Performance II, it was however documented by another talented and very good friend Sarah Goudie and again these photographs have not been edited. I needed to really push myself to even show these ... I hate the feeling of the work becoming too precious or private .... Clearly I've had too much time lapse, with performance I seem to work much better the quicker I work, not allowing myself too much time to begin the self criticism and for doubts to start working their way in. So the first step is to just start getting on with it ... so here it goes.




Performance II - Photographs by Sarah Goudie




Performance II - Photographs by Sarah Goudie


No comments:

Post a Comment