Sunday 24 February 2013

Too cold for jerry in my life






'Eggs in the city' by Lindsey Spinks






So the other day I mentioned here how much I loved the work of Hanna Melin and I was very pleased to come across her work whilst on walkabout in the city. There have been several consecutive days of going walking about the city and I was so pleased to discover another gem in the Lindt sponsored easter egg parade and that is the stunning work of Lindsey Spinks. It is great to be reminded of how much fun there is to be had with pencil in hand. I love drawing! So, a couple of nights ago, to ease the guilt of settling into my evening by watching a film I grabbed a journal and drew 'Kokyangwuti' whilst I watched. Yes, she's another alter ego, yes I've always wanted to be of native indian heritage or at least share a little dna and by the way 'Kokyangwuti' means 'spider woman at middle age'. Like I said, she's an alter ego and I really need her, I'll be turning 38 shortly!

The boys, all three of them will return to school tomorrow. Finally, I'll be able to get back to my work of ... er ... doing whatever it is I ... er, do? My house is properly half termed dirtied, my laundry basket is still spilling over but I feel very monday ready with my list of tasks. Plus I'm feeling very smug that I will be able to tick 'dentist' off the list as the boys and I have an appointment straight after school. Hmm, they won't be tired and irritable after the first day back at school! To be honest, it cannot get any worse than the pettinesses of the last few days. Currently, when left for more than two minutes alone in a room together one of the boys inevitably ends up clutching a body part and whimpering followed by SHOUTING the word 'MUUUUUUMMMMMMM' and then whining for a tedious amount of time, closely followed by seeking revenge and then making up with dramatic displays of hugging and brotherliness! 

Today, we've had all of that plus the younger one has been  ... non-stop. I have a shiner just under my eye, on my right cheek bone where this chaotic whirlwind of mine ended up head butting me whacking my cheek and making me literally bite my tongue. Minutes later whilst sat down trying to consume some much needed caffeine, he managed to scratch my eyeball whilst gesticulating at speed (luckily no lasting damage!) and then finally I pulled my back when I instinctively lurched forward to grab him as he decided to play 'run away from daddy' by a main road in the city centre (apart from a dull ache and tension in my shoulders, no serious injury sustained). Oh and shame on you daddy, you should know by now he can out run and out wit us! He is a lovely boy ... but my cheek still REALLY hurts and as you can tell I haven't quite let it go. To be honest, if my hubby hadn't done that whole 'of course mummy forgives you, don't you mummy? thing, I would've sulked a whole lot longer. It was freezing cold in town today, FREEZING I tell you, the kind of cold where you hurt and you really don't want to fall or bang into anything for fear of the pain and then the next thing I know I'm seeing stars and I know I'm Tom for the day and Jerry's just going to keep on bothering me until the stars come out or at least stop twinkling in my eyes! 

Of course tomorrow, the house will feel a little empty and I will miss them ... just a little and every time I go to rub my eye I will think of my littlest and I will raise a smile, a big one. 







'Eggs in the city' by Lindsey Spinks






'Eggs in the city' by Lindsey Spinks






'Eggs in the city' by Lindsey Spinks






'Eggs in the city' by Lindsey Spinks







Fun in the city, the cold cold city!







Sketchbook - featuring Kokyangwuti














No comments:

Post a Comment