Friday 3 February 2012

Just because it always makes me cry ...








This song reminds me of being seventeen and waking up early on sunday mornings to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's. This song reminds me of my huckleberry friends, each and every one of them locked up in my still beating locket heart. This song reminds me of days of heartbreak and trying to wash the blues away with hot chocolates. This song reminds me of when I was a newlywed and feeling such happiness that water would fall from my eyes. This song reminds me of late late nights with a newborn laying on my chest where it felt like nothing else mattered but that very moment ... for a time at least. This song reminds me that I am a crier and always will be. This song has seen me through and will bear witness to much, much more. This song I hope, will remind my boys that I loved to have a cry, when I am no longer around to tell them myself. I hope they will think of me and raise a smile and have some vague memory of the times their mother sang this melody to soothe and comfort them ...


7 comments:

  1. Oh Katy! This song never fails to makes me cry, in the most 'I can't help it, so I'm going to enjoy' kind of way. Never heard this version, thank you so much for sharing. From one 'waterworks' to another ;-)

    Love (and pouts)
    Katie / Pouting In Heels

    P.S What a song! *closes eyes and hums along*

    #AllAboutYou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a classic isn't it Katie! I'm glad someone else is as soppy as me, thanks so much for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. Got goosebumps listening to this. I chose it as the song I walked into our wedding venue to. The words are so simple and pure and totally define the wonder of having a true friend to take the journey through life with. Thanks for posting this, you've cheered me up on a very grey, miserable day #AllAboutYou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now your words are making me weepy ... What a great song choice for your special day and a great reminder of that journey you're on with your true friend! I'm so happy to have helped cheer up a grey day x

      Delete
  3. Unfailingly beautiful, and what a lovely version... tears are good, they are release, and I love any song which evokes memories. I love your phrase about locking your huckleberry friends in your heart, you have such a beautiful way with words Katy darling xxx

    #AllAboutYou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, tears are good and memories and nostalgia too! Speaking of songs and memories, I always remember you singing along to 'Hold on' by En Vogue in your bedroom before you moved to Solihull!! You sang beautifully my huckleberry friend x

      Delete
    2. Oh wow, flashback!! I love a good harmony, and that one has always been a shower-fave! Xxx

      Delete