I’ve thought many times of returning to this blog. It’s been six years since my last post. The blog has become an archive of my boys childhood, they both visit the blog for stories about themselves and for quick captures of their younger selves.
There are still lots of posts sat in draft that I never posted so I just impulsively thought to begin posting them, for nostalgia’s sake. Fitting, since those boys of mine are now young men and turned 21 and 18 this summer.
So here’s one from years back, of our first camping trip. It was a really special time together, I have great memories of the boys and their dad using their knives to whittle, taking long walks by the lakes, running around barefoot, the smell of wild garlic and cooking outdoors and taking turns to make fires and stoke them. The three men still take an annual camping trip with friends, I haven’t joined them for the last four or five years, choosing to enjoy solo time instead but I miss those days and might just have to recreate them again soon.






















No comments:
Post a Comment