Monday 19 November 2018

Filling the gaps and adding colour

On Friday nights, often we have film night. This week it was the boys first viewing of Yellow Submarine. Saturdays are the ones for heading out for a road trip, this week it was Ludlow. Often I make sandwiches and a flask of hot chocolate or coffee but recently we've been indulging ourselves with a cream tea or coffee and cake upon arrival at our adventure destination. After getting home from work, sometimes I make 'a real coffee' and share the pot with my husband. In our car glove compartment, I keep my husband stocked up with Werther's Original Butter Candies. I know he likes to have one on his journey home from work, they have also saved many a journey on our road trips too. Occasionally, I like to walk the longer route home so that I can walk past the house my parents once owned before I was born. I think of how my feet walk on the same pavement, the same road that my father did many moons ago and that brings me comfort. Sometimes when one of us needs comfort we have a blanket downstairs on the sofa (my husband isn't a believer in the blanket downstairs but we have managed to continue the habit for years in spite of this). On Wednesdays it's date night and it Mondays and Tuesdays are all the better for knowing date night is just around the corner. These are a few of my favourite things, they fill the gaps and colour the week and I'm constantly searching for new ones to add to the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment