Thursday 17 February 2011

Let's talk about Text baby

First of all I must apologize for the slight delay with my blog posts. They often sit in my draft box for some time after I have written them, either waiting for me to upload photos or looking for a window to steal the mac when hubby isn't working on updates for his record label or finishing tracks for several music projects he has on the go at the moment.

Anyway, this week has been all about the text. I have always been a big fan of the handwritten and the printed word and text as an image. I love text and type and fonts. I love stencils and templates, typewriters and hand written words and notes. Letters from long ago, rubber stamps, bits of packaging with fabulous print.

I have been looking at clever stuff that artists do with text and guess what, I think it calls for a list! Here are a few of my favourite artists that work with text in some form or other.


Artists Using Text



Here are a few examples of how I have used text in the past.

Journal 2004




























Susie Sue 2003 & Untitled 1998











House, Work and Home 2003


























2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy, impactful stuff, thanks for sharing. Have you ever looked at www.postsecrets.com - I'm totally addicted. It's all about the text! xx Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Z, I'm lovin' postsecrets! Now I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete