Saturday 5 May 2012

The Art of Doing without Doing








It has been yet another busy domestic week. One of my precious working day's was stolen by school being closed for polling day and so I don't have much actual art work to show for the week but lots of images to add to my increasingly large mood board for future productions. (I do love a mood board!) I have been foraging and gathering materials this week, papers, frames, small objects, creating small drawings of birds and flowers (some of them were too bad to show here, I'm a little out of practice!) and playing with words and shapes using wire. Along the way this week, I discovered the hand made paper birds pictured here!!!! I am not an obvious girlie girl but this is the stuff of my dreams, so pretty. They look very simple to make, I haven't had a go myself yet but I'll post results here when I get round to it. I have had so much fun with my iphone making temporary collage images like the ones shown here, it's felt like playing shops like I did when I was a girl. Perhaps this memory of 'play' was left over from all of the role playing that my youngest boy and I have been enjoying this week, see the lovely pics of him having a barbeque! I was thinking about my word for the year too this week, looking at what 'nurture' means in various aspects of my day-to-day. I have been admiring the prolific work of my eldest boy, whose drawing is flourishing, he makes and writes book after book filled with adventure stories ... and now these beautiful and delicate drawings are emerging ... I'm a proud mama!




















































Beautiful drawings by Zachariah Acquaye-Tonge



Beautiful drawings by Zachariah Acquaye-Tonge



Beautiful drawings by Zachariah Acquaye-Tonge



Beautiful drawings by Zachariah Acquaye-Tonge



The frustrating moment that this jedi's lightsaber got caught in his belt loop! 



My boy's barbeque with fish and corn on the cob!






2 comments:

  1. oh I do remember what is was like having littles around, it seemed a constant struggle at times... but looks like you are both "flying" through it ... thanks for the kind remarks on pinterest... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Caterina. I've just spent some time visiting your blog and what a wonderful place it is to be ... LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete