Wednesday 13 June 2012

Today I am making the Sunshine!





'Remember this picture Mama?'





This morning before the sun came out to shine, my boy and I were sat in the garden when he looked up at the sky and declared 'I making a sun because it's not coming out today!' He was armed with limited materials and so up we went to mummy's room where we pulled out a few hidden bags and boxes to gather supplies and then he led the way, delegating and giving me instructions as and when he needed to. It's not often that this rocket of mine is interested to see a task through from beginning to end but on his terms today he was focused and clear thinking and a delight to watch and hear in action! I met this boy's reception teacher yesterday and all of a sudden these days at home with Mama seem precious, so precious. I have been at home working as a full time mum for nearly seven years and as the time approaches for me send my littlest fledgling off to start school, I can't help but be a little melancholy, a little excited and a little pensive all at once. I can't help but think of Joni Mitchell's words - 'Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got till it's gone'!





















He declared with excitement, 'it's like the sun in my caterpillar book!'










'Mama can you draw the shapes then I will cut it myself!'





Mama occasionally helped with the cutting.





'When the shiny fings are dry I gonna hang them in the tree in the garden'.





'Shiny fings for the tree' Elliott age 3 nearly four years old.





'I can make a triangle, it's nice!' Elliott age 3 nearly 4 years old.





'Here's my fings drying on there' Elliott age 3 nearly 4 years old.




No comments:

Post a Comment