Wednesday 8 February 2012

I surrender








I am still in shock because folks I am once again unwell and my little one is too. It's now round two for me of this awful virus. I hate feeling this weak and by weak perhaps I mean my ego as much as my body. I guess I have always been a bit of a mind over matter kind of a girl but I am beat. Much as I try to adhere to my word for the year, I am flagging and so for now I surrender.

I've been thinking a lot about singing and performing. Suddenly I can't stop singing songs that I sang with my first band when I was seventeen. I'm frequently finding myself listening to my favourite female artists from that time period too, the female artists that really ignited my interest in song and the voice which eventually led to my interest in spoken word, storytelling, singing and performance. I'd already decided that in 2012 I would like to do more singing live and so I am pretty pleased that hubby has invited me to perform alongside him very soon. We will be performing songs that we wrote together many years ago that we haven't performed live for as many years, so now I just need to remember my lyrics ... and how to sing! So whilst I try and remember, here are some of the tunes I've been listening to and singing to ... oh sweet, sweet and sometimes bitter-sweet memories ...





































No comments:

Post a Comment